Last Updated: July 15, 2021
KauSAP Inc. values your privacy and the protection of your personal data. As such, this Privacy Notice explains how we handle your personal data, and your rights regarding your personal data that we process through the membership application and login forms found on this website. This Privacy Notice applies solely to the personal details provided by the member, and the personal details he/she volunteers on behalf of his/her assignee and/or proxy.
Your consent indicating that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice is needed before we can collect your personal data. Should you have questions about the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights, kindly contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to “The KauSAP Data Privacy Officer”.
- What personal data does KauSAP Inc. collect?
Through this website, KauSAP, Inc. collects certain personal data that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
Personal Data that you provide us directly
When you submit your membership application form, KauSAP Inc. may collect and process the following personal data that you provide:
- Name (First, Last)
- email address
- Mobile #
- Company Address
- Company ID (which may include your photograph and other personal data)
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the personal data that you provide us. In addition, if you are providing the personal data of your assignee/proxy, you attest that
- that your assignee/proxy has read and understood this Privacy Notice as it pertains to their personal data, and
- that you have obtained their free and informed consent for KauSAP, Inc. to collect and process their data for the purposes stated below.
No information will be collected until you have read, understood and given your consent to the terms and conditions provided in our Privacy Notice.
Personal Data that we collect automatically
When you visit or use our website, subscribe to our newsletters or otherwise interact with us through our digital channels, we may also collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device (device information, information about your visit and use of our website, social media behavior) in line with purpose 2.b. below.
- Why do we collect your personal data?
- We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to process your request to be a member,
- to approve your credentials to log into our system,
- to confirm your identity to be allowed to attend the annual membership meeting and vote, and to attend other KauSAP, Inc. activities.
- to be informed of and allowed access to KauSAP’s events.
- As required to improve your experience when using our Site, in particular:
- To help us improve the layout and/or content of the Site
- To notify you of service issues and unusual account actions when using our Site, should any occur.
- As required by us to enable our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To help us monitor and improve our offerings
- To monitor our Services to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable laws;
- To investigate any complaints that we receive
- To provide relevant information in our investigation report to the National Privacy Commission.
If you do not want to accept cookies from our Site, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. (Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this.) If you choose to do this, please be aware that our Site may no longer function as intended.
4. Who has access to your personal data?
Only authorized personnel involved in the handling of your request, have access to your personal data. If this function is to be fulfilled by a third-party (e.g. SAP Philippines, eMazing Ways, Inc.), KauSAP, Inc. ensures, through its due diligence that such entities
- Have the necessary organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect your personal data
- Will process your personal data only in fulfillment of the stated purposes above; and
- Have enforced the above in their legal agreements with KauSAP, Inc.
We do not provide nor sell your personal data to other third parties.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is securely stored in the master database of members of KauSAP Inc. We will retain your personal data for as long as you remain a KauSAP, Inc. member that actively participates in KauSAP, Inc.’s events and activities, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
You may request to have your personal data deleted at any given time throughout the retention period by contacting us.
6. Does this Privacy Notice extend to third-party websites and digital platforms?
7. How do we protect your personal data?
While no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we take all necessary measures to protect your personal data and their confidentiality, using appropriate physical, technical and organizational controls such as:
- All personnel who handle your personal data have been informed and trained on the importance of the protection of personal data;
- Only the persons who need your personal data to fulfill the stated purposes above will have access to these data;
- The persons who can access your personal data are bound by confidentiality;
- A username and password policy is used in all our systems;
- The data that you provide on the website are encrypted when they are captured, transmitted, and stored;
- All of our systems are backed up regularly in order to be able to recover all data in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- Our network is secured using multiple layers of defense against possible threats;
- Activities on our systems are logged and monitored so that abnormal situations or activities can be detected;
- The physical spaces where personal data are stored on servers is secured against unauthorized entry;
- Our security measures are regularly tested and evaluated;.
8. What are your rights concerning the personal data that we process?
KauSAP, Inc. would like to ensure that you are aware of your data protection rights. You have the right:
- To withdraw your consent-You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time since we process your personal data on the basis of consent. However, this withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any previous processing.
- To access and receive a copy of your personal data-You have the right to request confirmation that we process your personal data. If this is the case, you are entitled to a copy of your personal data and certain information about how your data are processed.
- To transfer your personal data-You may ask us to transfer your electronic personal data to you or a third party. This right applies only to the personal data you have provided, based on your consent and provided that the processing of the personal data is automated.
- To rectify your personal data-We try our best to store the data that we keep of you as accurately and completely as possible. Should you nevertheless find that the personal data are incomplete or incorrect, you can ask us to supplement or correct them by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- To delete your personal data-If it is not necessary for us to store or process your personal data for a specific reason, you can ask us to partially or completely erase your personal data. This is the case if:
- the data are no longer required for the purposes for which we collected them;
- you have given us permission to process your data and you decide to withdraw that consent;
- you have objected to the processing of your data and we have no legitimate interest prevailing;
- your personal data have been processed unlawfully.
This is not an absolute right. Sometimes we will have the right to keep your data. This is the case when we have a legal obligation or when we must defend our rights.
- To limit the processing of your personal data -In the following cases you can ask us to limit the processing of your personal data:
- when you dispute the accuracy of personal data and we need the time to verify your request;
- when we no longer need your data, but you do need it to defend your rights;
- if you objected to the processing of your personal data and we must check whether the legitimate interests we pursue prevail over yours;
- if your personal data have been processed unlawfully, but instead of deleting your data, you ask us to restrict the processing of the data.
- To file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission (NPC)
- To damages arising from inaccurate, incomplete, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal information by the Company.
9. How can you contact us?
You can exercise these rights free of charge and at any time by sending an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org” email@example.com addressed to “The KauSAP Data Privacy Officer”.
If you contact us to exercise your rights, we may enact some measures to validate your identity before any action is taken on your request.
We will respond to your request within one month. However, if we need more time to process your request, we will also notify you within one month.
- Amendments to this Privacy Notice
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time as we add new features, or as laws change that may affect our Site or Services. When we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the date it was last revised as well as the version number.